First aid management of anaphylaxis
This course is designed to provide the knowledge to identify Anaphylactic shock and the skills to manage an emergency with the use of an adrenaline auto-injector. The use of risk assessment tools and the development of risk minimisation strategies are explored. This course is needed for those working in Children’s Services and Education
Course Duration: 2.5 Hours face to face
This course is recommended for:
- Teachers, educators and child care workers
- Aged care workers
- Sports coaches and designated first aiders
Please contact us for Group Bookings discounts
- Define and discuss allergies vs anaphylaxis vs intolerance
- Causes and recognition of anaphylaxis
Management of Anaphylaxis including:
- Scenario management
- Administration of an Adrenaline Auto-Injector
Develop risk minimisation and management strategies including:
- Identifying individuals at risk and developing management plans
- Implementing prevention strategies
- Developing a communication plan to raise awareness
There are no pre-requisites associated with 22300VIC First aid management of anphylaxis.
Training and Safety Solutions recommends that you refresh your training every 3 years. This is in line with Peak Clinical Bodies, some state/territory regulations and Education sector authorities.
This course is often combined with the Asthma first aid course. If you wish to complete both please book into our combined Asthma and Anaphylaxis course.