Provide advanced first aid
This course covers more advanced first aid topics and will teach you how to manage an incident and other first aiders until professional medical assistance arrives.
Completion of online pre-learning is required prior to arrival at the class.
This course is recommended for:
- First aiders in medium to high risk organisations.
Course Duration: 2 Days face to face plus pre-course work
- Learn to manage a first aid scene.
- Advanced resuscitation skills.
- Resuscitation including using a soft bag resuscitator
- Oxygen therapy and application of an AED, this also covers equipment maintenance
- Clinical assessment in detail
- Basic anatomy of all body systems
- Eye injuries
- Lifting and moving of a casualty with a stretcher
- head, neck and spinal injuries including collars and spine board
- Childbirth (overview)
- Casualties – emotionally disturbed and under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Post incident management
- First Aid in the context of the workplace
- Relevant First Aid Legislation
- Risk assessment
- Managing all aspects of a First Aid Room
- Planning a response to a major incident
- Evaluating provision of First Aid
There are no pre-requisites associated with HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid.
Training and Safety Solutions recommends that you refresh your first aid training every 12 months. This is in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines that state CPR skills should be refreshed annually.
This course also encompasses the following units of competency:
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support; and
HLTAID003 Provide first aid.