Provide first aid
The one day Provide First Aid course would benefit all those at work, home or for leisure. The course provides an excellent general grounding in first aid and will enable you to perform appropriate first aid procedures and basic life support skills. This unit satisfies training requirements across a range of community and workplace settings.
Completion of online pre-learning is required prior to arrival at the class.
This course is recommended for:
• Anyone wanting to learn essential first aid skills,
• Those wanting a first aid certificate for work purposes.
Course Duration: 2 Day face to face plus pre-course work
A great general first aid course for those requiring a formal first aid certificate for work or study purposes.
- Learn First Aid – learn what to do, when and how
- Covers a broad range of First Aid Techniques
- Includes CPR Certification
Covers Management of:
- Unconscious breathing person
- Unconscious non-breathing person (CPR)
- Application of a Defibrillator
- Review of First Aid Kits
Recognition and Management of:
- Choking and Shock
- Injuries from head to toe
- Wounds and bleeding
- Burns, poisons, bites and stings
- Exposure to heat and cold
- Medical emergencies: chest pain, asthma, anaphylaxis, stroke, seizures, fainting, diabetes
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Fractures, strains, sprains and dislocations
Completion of online pre-learning is required prior to arrival at the face-to-face session in class.
There are no pre-requisites associated with HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
Training and Safety Solutions recommends that you refresh your first aid training every 3 years. This is in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines that state CPR skills should be refreshed annually.
This course also encompasses the following units of competency:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation; and
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support.