Enter Confined Space
Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSMPER205 Enter Confined Space
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
The aim of the course is to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes of personal safety to enhance the safety of personnel involved in any industry working in confined spaces. Specifically, to provide new and existing workers with the opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills required to plan, conduct, exit and recover individuals working within a confined space environment.
The course is targeted at personnel who are required to enter confined spaces as part of their work duties. The course is aimed at a variety of industries including oil and gas, mining, construction, manufacturing.
Course Duration: 8 hours
This course covers the following
The course has been designed to align with and meet the principals set by the industry skills council in relation to the unit of competency MSMPER205 – Enter Confined Space and MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit.
- Ability to recognise a confined space
- Ability to work within a confined space
- Compliance with permit conditions
- Recognition and control of atmospheric hazards
- Use of confined space entry and exit equipment relevant to the site / job
- Selection, use and maintenance of appropriate PPE
- Use of communication equipment and processes applicable to confined space work
- Completion of documents and records relevant to confined space work
- Understanding of and the ability to initiate incident / emergency response plan
MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit (delivered as part of the course on day 1)
Confined space refresher training is recommended every 12-24 months under Australian Standard AS2865-2009.