Operate and Maintain a 4WD Vehicle
This course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of defensive driving techniques when operating a 4WD vehicle.
Students must hold a current Australian Manual Drivers Licence (Class C). Licences must be presented to the assessor prior to commencement of the course. Please advise when booking if you hold an extraordinary licence as particular conditions may apply.
Course Duration: 1 Day
This course covers the following
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to operate and maintain a 4WD vehicle on and off road and will be able to:
- Identify 4WD and defensive driving specific terms, terminology and techniques
- Identify and demonstrate the use of front wheel hubs
- Plan for minimal environmental impact
- Perform pre-departure checks
- Engage 4WD mode
- Use appropriate range, gear, speed, driving and braking technique, negotiate a range of terrain types whilst maintaining control of the vehicle, on and off road
- Perform recovery of a 4WD vehicle
- Identify, address and report potential hazards and risks
- Conduct inspection and perform maintenance
- Perform wheel change
There are no pre-requisites associated with RIIVEH305E Operate and maintain a four-wheel drive vehicle.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.